Sing a New Song!

I'm reminded of the verse in Amazing Grace which reads, "We've no less days to sing God's praise, than when we first believed." This leads me to ponder, are we actually singing God's praise? Why should we wait until heaven to sing about God's goodness? Today at Woodmen Valley's Pierced Chapel, the scripture reading was from Nehemiah and it talked about how the community gathered together to celebrate the completion of the wall, and the singers were mentioned numerous times.
Have we lost sight of the wondrous joy that comes from singing God's praise? Have we allowed it to get old?
But if I say, "I will not mention him or speak any more in his name," his word is in my heart like a fire, a fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it in; indeed, I cannot. (Jeremiah 20:9)
Toodles,
Me


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home