Mount Cutler

Today's family picnic (which actually didn't have any families except Jeremiah and Kim) for the Alphas was held at Mount Cutler. However, in order to receive dinner, which was Chick-Fil-A, one had to climb to the top of Mount Cutler. The hike was around one mile, and took effort climbing up because there is an incline. Because of this, about half of the Alphas decided not to go. Some stayed home and took naps, others did their reading, others scrambled to finish their paper for Sheryl DeWitt's class, and others, well, I don't know. We had to carry the food up in our backpacks, so the warm chicken sandwiches provided a nice heating element for our backs. My backpack contained a large bag of barbeque potato chips, which provided cushioning, lest I fall backwards (I didn't). The scenery was great and we could see part of Seven Falls and Cheyenne Mountain Zoo and the Will Rogers Shrine. After the hike, Charles drove us to see Helen Heart Falls, which is where he proposed to Sarah. We took pictures there also, and Charles acted out Andrew from the Vintage21.com "This is what Jesus is not like" comedy sketches. HEY ANDREW! "I have never been so excited in my entire life..."

Me and Jen on the rock

The Whole Group

The waterfall near where Charles and Sarah got engaged.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home