Saturday, July 23, 2005

Downtown!

Who: Brandon, Josh, Kate, Ginna, Keri, Molly H., Jessica, MaameYaa, Bethany, me
What: Play in fountains. Eat ice cream.
When: Saturday, July 23. Afternoon.
Where: Downtown Colorado Springs. Off of Bijou Street.
Why: Everyone needs to play in a fountain.
  • We played in the fountain located in the town square. The fountain has holes in the ground that squirt up water and a big blue dome in the middle that has a waterfall squirting out of it. Every hour, a music and water show arises out of the blue dome. A spinning dog and a mechanical tuba player play music and squirt water. We were the only people over the age of 12 that were in the fountain willingly.
  • Ice cream break at Michelle's. Michelle's is an candy shop in the front with a soda shop and restaurant in the back. I had a sundae of English toffee ice cream crowned with hot fudge, whipped cream, a cherry, and a pirouette (cookie straw). The spoon that they gave me was so long that it kept falling out of the ice cream dish, which caused ice cream to be splattered everywhere. Brandon and Josh got hot fudge banana splits complete with a tiny pitcher of hot fudge.
  • When placing money in the meter, make sure you are putting the money in the RIGHT meter.


The reason we look like this is because the water was really cold.


Me pretending to be Marilyn Monroe.


Water statues.


I only brought a hand towel with me.

2 Comments:

At 9:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S. I *think* I see your dad at the gym quite often, but I'm not 100% sure it's him so I don't wanna go up to him (especially if it's not him) and be like, "Are you Megan's dad?) Haha.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home