Sunday, July 17, 2005

Hey bibliophiles

We read a lot of books at the Institute. Here are some I recommend for your reading enjoyment.

Anderson, Neil T. - The Bondage Breaker (breaking the bonds of negativity and spiritual warfare)
Arterburn, Stephen and Jerry - How Will I Tell My Mother (Jerry's autobiography of getting out of the homosexual life)
Boa, Kenneth D. - Faith Has Its Reasons (exploring your apologetic style)
Carroll, Bruce - Sometimes Miracles Hide (stories from parents with disabled children)
Colson, Charles - How Now Shall We Live? (Christianity and culture)
Cloud, Henry and Townsend, John - The Mom Factor (your relationship with your mom)
Dillows, Linda and Pintus, Lorraine - Gift-Wrapped by God (good book for females)
Moreland, J.P. - Love the Lord Your God with All Your Mind (blending head knowledge and heart knowledge)
Schmidt, Alvin - How Christianity Changed the World (Christian influence on history)
Thomas, Gary - Sacred Marriage (marriage is meant to make you holy)
Warren, Neil Clark - Finding the Love of Your Life (identifying what you want in a spouse and how you communicate)

More selections to come when I finish reading the books...

1 Comments:

At 5:58 PM, Blogger Shawn said...

*Boa, Kenneth D. - Faith Has Its Reasons (exploring your apologetic style)

I don't know about the book, but I saw Boa lecture this summer... utterly dry and simplistic. Although everything he said was true, I was hoping for something beyond a textbook chapter summary.


*Moreland, J.P. - Love the Lord Your God with All Your Mind

I consider this essential reading for any Christian ready to be more than a receptacle of information. I have heard him speak on several occasions and always look forward to the opportunity with pen and paper in hand. I have recordings of his lectures that I make it a point to listen to regularly. Moreland is simply one of the best non-arrogant intellects in Christendom.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home