A Bosh and Jrandon Day


Daily log - Saturday, July 16. A busy day.
6:55 AM - Meet on the steps of Josh and Brandon's to get ready to go on the Pike's Peak Cog Railway up to Pike's Peak (14,110 feet elevation). Group consists of me, Brandon, Jessica, Josh, Bethany, MaameYaa, Alissa, and Molly H. Brandon has bought Panera cinnamon crunch bagels for everyone. Very tasty.
7:10 AM: Figure out how everyone is going to get in Brandon's Mountaineer. Shove stuff in the trunk. Things fall out. Try again. Take world's longest on ramp to get on I-25.
7:40 AM: Arrive at the parking lot to the Cog Railway. Pick up tickets. I get a souvenir smashed penny. Wait for train to arrive.
8:00 AM - 9:55 AM: Ride train up to Pike's Peak. See goofy looking rocks that look like diamonds, tv trays, hearts... See a tree that looks half alive and half dead. See yellow bellied marmots. Trees, trees, and more trees. Practice our "I just happen to have a brochure in my bag," techniques.

Josh and I are hoping to be catalogue models for the new brochure (Josh was actually selected to be an APU catalogue model).
10:00 AM: Arrive at the Peak. Bethany and I go into the gift shop. I purchase a wooden pocket knife with a picture of Pike's Peak engraved on one side, and my name on the other. Contains scissors, a knife, and a file. Only five bucks. Pretty cool. Go outside to look around and take pictures.

Oops, we spilled.

Everyone on the mountain.
10:50- 11:50 AM: Get back on train and ride down.
Noon - 3:30 PM: Drive into Old Colorado City. Molly, Alissa, and Bethany make bracelets at the bead shop. Brandon, Josh, and I look at magazines about beads (they actually exist). Jessica and MaameYaa check out the doll shop. We eat lunch at Henri's Mexican restaurant. The restaurant is extremely disorganized and they can't figure out which table ordered what. I ordered a taco and fries. MaameYaa was given a used straw and cutlery. We looked around at other shops, including Barracuda Bazaar, which is a catch-all San Francisco-like shop with all sorts of things, including pig catapults, sushi magnets, and meat-themed shower curtains. We make plans to go see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, after everyone goes home and takes a nap.
5:35 PM: Josh calls me while I am half asleep, half awake. "We're going to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Be down at six."
6:00 PM: Get in the car and drive to the movie theater. Energized with basketball/cheerleading music. Purchase tickets for IMAX showing. Get ice cream at ColdStone Creamery (vanilla bean with York peppermint patty). Brandon, Josh, and I sample the wasabi ginger ice cream. Scary. I don't recommend it. You're better off eating sushi instead.
7:30 PM: Movie begins! Very weird indeed, but good and funny. Reminds me of the book Father Hunger. Not for children. The Oompa-Loompa dance scenes are great. Love the boat and glass elevator. Johnny Depp looks like an androgynous "Michael Jackson/Marilyn Manson" weirdo. Actual line from movie, "Everything here is eatable. I'm eatable, but that my children is called cannibalism and it is frowned upon in most societies."
9:30 PM: Girls want to visit a miniature collectable shop and a purse shop. Once again, Josh and Brandon enter stores they would probably not have chosen on their own accord. However, there is some really cool stuff at the minature shop, such as those pewter animals that I have glued onto a Jenny Craig plate.
10:15 PM: Several of us are hungry. Taco Bell is closed. We head to Sonic Burger and order Tater Tots. Tater Tots are good.
Signing off. Log July 16, 2005. That reminds me. This blog is done and the train was red. I just happen to have a brochure in my bag that you might be interested in looking at.


1 Comments:
Dear Megan,
WE LOVE YoUR blog. Thanks for telling the world that I modeled for APU's catalogue. Not one of my proudest moments. That reminds me of a pamphlet...WHY YOUR EYES SO BIG??? Must go now, Molly just fluffed and I must get out of this room. Bosh and Jrandon. and Molly "the fluffer"
Post a Comment
<< Home